As a successful family business the Lenze Group is an important employer embedded in the community and therefore carries a particular social responsibility. The company accepts this duty in a variety of ways.
Our social activities are implemented within the regional environment of our sites. They are spread throughout the company and are put into practice through many individual measures in each of our locations. We share a common commitment to helping the community we are based at. We mainly support regional and local projects or initiatives in the areas of education, sport, health, integration and social care:
- Our companies in the United States, Norway and Italy, for instance, show particular commitment to people in need by organising a variety of local charity events.
- Our location in France also makes financial donations to charitable organisations in the local community.
- Last year, our colleagues in Switzerland supported the national skeleton team in their preparations for the Winter Olympics in PyeongChang.
- In Germany, we have two main objectives in the regions where we are located: to promote education and help people in need. We support projects that sustainably foster social cohesion, integration, culture and health and that benefit people with physical or mental illnesses, especially children, adolescents and their families.
- Besides, our employees around the world contributed to a good cause as part of the company anniversary celebrations. The goal of the sporty "70,000 Lenze" project was to run 1,000 kilometres for each of the years since the company was founded as a symbolic gesture. In total, our employees completed 287,714 kilometres. We donated the proceeds to Pink Kids, a Pink Ribbon initiative specifically for children whose mothers are suffering from breast cancer. This also made a significant contribution to raising awareness among our employees for the early detection of breast cancer, while also promoting a healthy culture in our company.