Lenze Americas Exhibits Automation Solutions at MODEX 2018
UXBRIDGE, MA, April 9, 2018 - Lenze Americas, a global leader and manufacturer of electrical and mechanical drives, motion control and automation technologies, is exhibiting at MODEX 2018 April 9-12 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. MODEX, powered by MHI, brings together more than 850 of the leading providers to the material handling and logistics industry.
"We are very excited to be exhibiting again at MODEX and to have the opportunity to demonstrate Lenze's solutions to leading industry OEMs and end users," said Deb Kling, director of marketing, Lenze Americas. "The time to be using innovative technology to make machines work smarter, not harder, is now - and we're ready to help. There's nothing better than having the opportunity to talk with our customers and prospects face-to-face, especially at an Industry-leading event like this one."
As Lenze continues to grow, so does its focus on the material handling and logistics industry - there's been a concentrated investment in building a dedicated technical and commercial teamtrained to help our customers effectively solve their toughest challenges. There have also been increased investments in new manufacturing and assembly lines in the US, and increases in R&D personnel to develop products specifically suited to this industry - the Smart Motor and new i500 inverter to name two.
Providing innovative solutions engineered to benefit both OEMs and end users in the material handling and logistics industry is Lenze's goal - some of the highlights at MODEX include:
1. Cost reduction and increased functionality through a standardized modular conveyor concept. This system features the Smart Motor with g350 gearbox, Smart Motor with g500gearbox, in-cabinet c300 controller and I/O 1000 modules, remote fieldbus I/O and IR sensors. Lenze's g500 gearbox with Smart Motor and the g350 with Smart Motor offer the simplicity of a motor direct on line with just the right features of an electronically controlled motor. They work without a contactor or starter; fixed speeds can be set at will; highest energy efficiency requirements are met; and they can be conveniently operated via a smart phone. The entire conveyor concept offers:
- Costs reduced by use of a smaller cabinet, less cable, less engineering time, less manufacturing time, fewer part numbers, and less operational costs.
- Examples of increased functionality include: defined Start/Stop ramps, better energy efficiency, standardization/modularity, simplicity/reduced complexity, and a flexible automation concept.
2. Commissioning of a belt conveyor in just 5 minutes. An i510 or an i550 can be used to operate a geared motor on a belt conveyor. MODEX visitors are able to carry out the commissioning of a real conveyor application within 5 minutes. The i500 inverter solution is for open & closed loop controlled motion; is compact and modular; with a power range of 0.33 to 60 HP.
3. The automated Juggler machine always draws a real crowd. Exemplifying a drive-based solution), this machine is a fun demonstration showcasing our control and automation capabilities. It uses 9400 servo controllers and matching MCS servo motors and p500 touch panel. Programmed via "Cam profiler" technology function - the trajectory of the balls has been calculated on the basis of ballistics science