Drive Sizing for your machine - As Easy as That
The Drive Solution Designer (DSD) supports the planner of a machine to design in a very easy way not only the right drive solution but also the optimal drive solution with regard to energy consumption. DSD provides more efficiency in the planning process. With DSD it is possible to design multi-axis-applications with coordinated movements. The supply components can then be dimensioned appropriately. The energy efficiency analysis for single-axis and multi-axis applications makes it possible to create real Lenze BlueGreen solutions: Whether power requirement, power recovery, energy exchange, component losses or cost-effectiveness, DSD holds the data. Precise calculations ensure reliable figures when comparing alternative solutions with each other.
Your benefit of the new version V4.7: Simplifying the engineering by
- New, non-linear application for crank drives
- Enhanced user support through tips in the dimensioning process
- Faster access to the application drawing for easier parameter entries
- i510 and i550 inverters have been integrated into operation with increased continuous power (light duty)
- m850 can be configured with g500
- Messages in the case of high utilisation values for motors and inverters
- The max. motor torque is output as a numerical value in the overview, the detailed protocols and the project comparison
- For synchronous motors, the static torque M0‘ is displayed in the Mn set of characteristic curves of the motor, the detailed protocols and the project comparison
- The 'Energy efficiency' chapter in the online help has been extended
Getting started straightaway:
You can use DSD free of charge. You just need to perform the download, install DSD and register.
- Microsoft® Windows® Windows 7 / 8x / 10 (32 + 64 Bit each)
- IBM-compatible PC with Intel® Pentium® processor as of 1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 2 GB HDD or equivalent
- recomended resolution of 1280 x 900 pixels (with 256 or more displayable colours)
- It is recommended not to exceed a resolution of 2000 x 1000 pixels.
Information on function restrictions and remedies of defects can be obtained from the current Release Notes. DSD V4.6 can be installed in parallel with older versions.
How to install the current version
Note: Administrator rights are required for installation
Installation of the current version.
- Save the file Setup_DSD_V184.108.40.206.zip (826 MB) in any directory of your PC.
- Unpack the ZIP file in any directory of your PC.
- Close all DSD versions in case they have been started already.
- Start the file Setup_DSD_V220.127.116.11.exe file and follow the installation instructions.